This is a 3-page MSW personal essay for a college application. These are my notes in terms of what they are looking for this paper relating it to my personal experiences,
Why do you want to me a social worker for IWU: Helping others has always been a great interest of mine. I have a great desire to support and communicate with others. Becoming a social worker would allow me to use my problem solving and analytical skills to help individuals find solutions to their issues.
My characteristics: Being a single mom of 1 where I had to take a short break before my last year of my undergrad school. Being able to reentry school during a time where societal norms where changing during a pandemic. Being Hispanic American and growing up in NYC in a fast-paced environment. Working now as a family resources specialist, working with families and help them develop skills to create a stable and consistent lifestyle. Current working as a Family Resource Specialist where I visit families and help connect them with the resources they need to maintain a stable and safe home.
My personal experiences:
- During my high school studies, I met with my academic counselor in the 10th grade and was giving the notice to focus on my grades or I would not be graduating on time. This allowed me to focus on my studies and work with my teachers such as my English teacher, who in the 11th grade was a mentor to me while I was working on my college essay for my undergraduate studies.
- One of the hardest moments in my life was getting pregnant during my college career & feeling like I wouldn’t be able to return to school and complete my undergraduate degree in Psychology.This experience showed me that no matter what happens while your trying to complete your education that should’t stop you from wanting to achieve whats best for yourself.
- My motivation in achieving my Master in Social Work is my drive to help others in need. I am of Hispanic descent and I believe more Hispanic individuals are needed within this field to help those of related backgrounds achieve their goals within society.
2) My life experiences and personal goals fit with the IWU MEW mission because I think it is important to understand that some of the people we are going to work with within this profession have some type of faith that they look up to during hard these hard times. Relating the works of this profession to Christian material would help me provide for these families with a new set of eyes. When the perspectives of. This can be beneficial for families and children in society who have a difficult time creating positive changes in their lives. Becoming a student at IWU will help me pursue a profession in Social Work and help families and children whose lives have been broken and restore them.
3) I think I am ready to join the IWU MSW community field and intern. I think it will give me a great opportunity to get on the field and experience what I should expect when I successfully graduate with my degree. Working as a Family Resources Specialist now is giving me the experience to learn how to manage my time effectively. I think the flexibility my current job gives me, gives me the ability to manage my future internship hours required to complete my degree requirements successfully.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: