As society and culture change, a business must adapt to stay ahead of its competitors and remain relevant in the minds its stakeholders. Such changes include changes in customer preferences in response to shifting trends and generational differences, demographic changes, and innovations in goods, services, and social media. For this discussion:
- Reflect on the various potential changes of socio-cultural factors.
- Identify one specific socio-cultural factor and identify a company that illustrates positive adaptation to that factor to stay relevant and successful.
- Describe the ways in which the company has responded positively.
- Compare this company to the “worst” company you are studying and writing about in the course Assignments, in terms of socio-cultural barriers.
- What conclusions can you reach about business response to successfully overcome socio-cultural barriers?