Learning Goal: I’m working on a english multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
1. Please watch the following video about the different “missions” of Public Health,
2. …then tell us all what your “mission” is in taking this class. Why are you here?
Healthy People 2020 (soon to be 2030!) is a government initiative to “identifyhealth improvement priorities. Increase public awareness and understanding of the determinants of health, disease, and disability and the opportunities for progress. Provide measurable objectives and goals that are applicable at the national, State, and local levels.” It is public health in a nutshell!
1. Go the the Healthy People 2020 (Links to an external site.) site and read the home page.
2. Then check out the Healthy People Topics (Links to an external site.). Choose one that interests you, click on it and see the goals for the area.
3. Tells us in your post about your area of Healthy People 2020 interest and why.
Here is the generic grading rubric that is true for all discussions