Learning Goal: I’m working on a business question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
You currently work at IBM and are applying for a new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Manager position. As part of your interview process, you are to create a comparative analysis of IBM and one of its direct competitor’s initiatives related to diversity, equity, and inclusion for LGBTQ+ in the workplace. You will need to research IBM and a direct competitor (ex. Hewlett Packard, Xerox, Oracle, Accenture) and compare these companies’ DEI presence. You start by visiting the Human Rights Campaign website (www.hrc.org) or searching for the Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
Need a comparative analysis that:
- Provides a short introduction on DEI employee initiatives for both companies.
- Defines the concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Discusses the differences between the concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace for both companies.
- Compares the efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion for the LGBTQ+ employees for both companies.
- Identifies best practices for implementing DEI employee initiatives for both companies and how leadership plays a role in the implementation.