Learning Goal: I’m working on a biology multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
lecture : https://learn-us-east-1-prod-fleet02-xythos.conten…
1) What does the “Sixth Great Extinction” mean? What is the cause of this event and what can be done to stop it?
2) Name the two primary Greenhouse Gasses.
3) Name five negative consequences of increased Greenhouse emissions.
4) Examine the Mauna Loa CO2 concentration graph in this week’s PPT presentation. How much has the CO2 level increased increased between the years 1800 and 2000? (You can write your answer in the form ‘from _____ ppm to _____ ppm.’)
5) Examine the average yearly temperature graph from the Blue Hills Observatory. How much has the yearly temperature in Milton, Massachusetts increased on average over the past 200 years?
6) Describe what ‘Ocean Acidification’ is. Be sure to name the specific gaseous emission that causes ocean acidification. Be sure to describe the effect ocean acidification will have on sea life that have calcium carbonate shells.
7) What is the normal pH of ocean water away from the coasts? Anything with a pH above 7.0 is considered basic, and anything with a pH below 7.0 is considered acidic. Does the water actually have to become acidic to have a negative effect on life in the oceans?
8) Do you think that humans have exceeded the Earth’s ‘Carrying Capacity’? Note: I am asking for your opinion, which means the only incorrect answer is no answer at all.
9) Name five specific actions that you can personally take to lower your environmental impact on the planet Earth.