Learning Goal: I’m working on a english project and need support to help me learn.
Annotated Biography about ( Junk food served in schools and childhoods obesity).
The list should be compiled in alphabetical order using Modern Language Association (MLA) style. Consult chapter 22 in Everything’s and Argument or an online writing lab’s MLA style guide for directions on how to format entries.
Your annotation for each source should consist of the citation and two paragraphs. In the first, answer the following questions:
1. What kind of source is it, e.g., a book, journal article, magazine article, newspaper article, encyclopedia entry, database summary article, website?
2. What is the genre of the piece, e.g., a news report, an editorial, a report of scientific research, a summary of a number of sources? What is the purpose of the text?
3. Who is/are the author/authors? What are the author’s credentials? How does the author establish his or her authority to speak on this subject? Also consider the credibility of the publication venue.
4. Who is the intended audience? Consider where the text is published, the degree of specialized knowledge needed to understand the text, how objective or argumentative the text is.
5. When was the text published? How does the publication date affect the relevance and usefulness of the source?
In your second paragraph, summarize the content of the piece in a way that demonstrates you have read the source and understood its content. If the source is an argument, as opposed to a purely informational text, identify its main claim and supporting reasons. In addition, explain how you plan to use the source in your Researched Position Paper (obviously this plan may change as you conduct further research and begin drafting). Will you use the source for background information, and if so, what information specifically do you plan to use? Does the source contain evidence that you plan to borrow, and if so, what evidence? If the source is an argument, will you position it as an ally or an opponent and why?
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: