BIO 169 Lab Report Outline
PowerPhys # 6: Effect of Exercise on Cardiac Output.
• Abstract: Single spaced paragraph that gives a complete summary of the experiment and contains material from ALL sections of the paper. Make sure to be specific and give a summary of findings in this paragraph. I should be able to read the abstract to know exactly what your paper is about.
• Should be at least 2 pages
• Start with a few sentences that connect this experiment to an everyday reader – grab their interest.
• Then explain the following concepts: cardiac cycle, normal values of heart rate (HR) and why that the norm, things that affect HR and how they do, normal values of stroke volume (SV) and why that the norm, things that affect SV and how they do, normal values of CO, how all HR and SV affect CO, how exercise will affect SV and HR and ultimately CO.
• Make sure to explain these concepts FULLY, a reader with no knowledge of the above material should be able to read your intro and completely understand.
PowerPhys #6 Lab Report
• All typed responses in complete sentences.
• Fully complete (even discussion and application questions).
• Using correct grammar and spelling – no abbreviations
• UNITS UNITS UNITS
• Need at least 2 sources: one from class and one from any external source EXCEPT Wikipedia.
• Make sure to use in text citations and be wary of plagiarism. When in doubt – cite it out!