Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- This Assignment comprises of a short Case.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment two students will be able to understand the following LOs:
LO3: To demonstrate a thorough understanding of an HR Strategic planning which includes effective job analysis, recruitment, and selection strategies.
LO4: To have the ability to deliver and communicate HR policies messages in coherent and professional manner.
Read the case given and answer the questions:
Back Space (BS) was well-regarded as an employer of choice for many years before missing out on a Best Employers list, they were used to appearing on. The experience prompted them to return to their core values and regularly measure their performance to ensure their actions were delivering results. People who work at BS are called partners. They believe that great guest experiences begin with great partner experiences. The partner experience is one of the key success indicators for the company. Employee engagement, leadership, enablement, alignment, and development are measured. They seek feedback frequently because the feedback helps drive their business strategies. Past survey feedback has contributed to company initiatives and programs like Vision + Goals (a goal setting and personal development program), guest experience training delivered via eLearning, and changes to their compensation and benefits program. “The BS Experience is about leadership, it’s about people, it’s about development and growth, and we have fun,” says Kareem, Senior Manager of Strategy at Back Space. “Our company’s soul is to live a large, purposeful life filled with fun, and so we try to inject that through all our communications, training programs, and make sure it’s integrated into everything we do at BS.” BS conducted a pulse survey specifically for their kitchen partners. They had been getting some feedback that front-of-house employees were getting a lot of training and back of-house partners wanted that as well. With the survey, BS was able to ascertain those employees needed to feel more connected to their culture, as well as what was needed in terms of training and development. This feedback would help mold future programs and initiatives that have a direct impact on kitchen partners. The surveys would also help garner feedback regarding new programs. Back Space launched a new guest experience training program that was provided to all their front-of-house partners. In the past, it was face-to-face training that took place in the store when a partner was first hired. Later, the course was shifted to a combination of face-to-face training and eLearning. Having not done a lot of eLearning, BS designed a survey to see how effective the new training was and how they could improve it.
Assignment Questions: M.M.10
1. What is the role of training for employees in the above case? (2.5 Marks)
2. How did the feedback system in the above situation generate benefits for Back Space? (1.5Marks)
3. “Do training impacts employee development” Comment (2.5Marks)
4. According to your views do you find Kareem committed to Employee Development?(1.5Marks)
5. Point out any two major differences between training and development (2Marks)
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: