Learning Goal: I’m working on a english discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
STEP 1: REVIEW THE LECTURES IN LECTURE ON RHETORICAL ANALYSIS & PERSUASIVE APPEALS.
STEP 2: WRITE A 250-300 WORD JOURNAL IN RESPONSE TO THE LECTURES.
The lectures you have reviewed this week will come in handy when you begin working on Project 2, so I want to make sure you reviewed them carefully.
For now, I just want you to reflect a little bit on what you have learned and read so far. Please answer the following questions in a one page+ journal:
- Do you have any previous experience with rhetorical analysis? What did you do? (no worries if it is nothing).
- Think of one time in real life that you have seen the use of pathos, ethos, or logos? (think news, speeches or commercials). What was it? Do you view it differently, now that you know a little more about it.
- What are three takeaways that you had from the lecture? What do you want to make sure that you remember for when we discuss and write argument and using persuasive appeals? (Remember, actively writing down information helps your brain take that information from short term to long term memory and boosts your recall.)
- Did you prefer the power point presentation or the videos? Which helped you understand the material better? Why?
- Do you have any questions about the materials provided in the lecture?
REMEMBER TO BE SPECIFIC IN YOUR ANSWERS.
- Please respond in a full paragraph (5-7 sentences) for question 1, 2 and 3. Question 4 can be a short answer (2-3 sentences). Question 5 can be answered with a yes/no.