Learning Goal: I’m working on a art project and need support to help me learn.
Art 100 The Themed Camera Project Due: _________________
This assignment is focused on increasing your awareness of art and enhancing your visual world, each item should have a paragraph or two describing the composition, art observations, location and terms and reason for the selection.
Camera Project Power Point Presentation or can be done in Word format with each image next to or before the discussion. Each student should include a title page, including your name and course. Each student should begin by focusing on a theme to select the artworks. Themes should range from anything you find visually interesting such as music, accessories, hair styles, hands, eyes, cleaning items, war, peace, beverages, animals, etc. After determining the theme that you want to explore, preview images you have taken that may already be on your phone! From that perspective, review the guidelines and then include images of types of art you found and photographed. Be sure to include:
- Introduction-title of project, your name and date and a Selfie!
- Select the following artworks. Artworks can be from hallways, stores, galleries, on campus, or in public places, your home, internet images or your own creations.
- Artworks should include ALL of the following items:
A design-select a design from wrapping paper, posters, logos or architecture that fits your theme!
- A drawing-charcoal, pen, marker, pencil, crayon or pastel
- A painting-acrylic or oil or mixed
- A photograph
- A sculpture and/or installation
- An abstraction-have class guess, “What is it?” Your image can be a long shot and a cropped, close- up of the original image or using filters or special effects.
- Your choice of artwork studied: review the images in the book, show that image and your recreation of your version of the image. Many students pose their pets in similar poses William Wegman’s dogs, or have posed like a painting, dressed up like Van Gogh, sat at a table like in an Edward Hopper painting, got a sibling to dress as one of 2 Frida Kahlos, etc. This has proved to be very enjoyable for students and the viewer.
- Conclusion: To have fun and end your project, download the google app that shows how to find your painting look- alike components. This makes a total of 14 images and discussion of each –design has 3 images. After you find your master artwork suggested “twin” image, provide a statement of what learned from assignment. How did it apply concepts studied in class? Which was your favorite part of the assignment?
Please art terminology and discuss visual elements such as composition, horizon line, focal points, vertical elements, background, proportion, scale, etc. Post on Canvas.