*must also complete handout*
Choose two issues or challenges that the leaders of today’s health care organizations face. Select from among the following topics:
1. Staff Shortage (Physicians, Nurses, Allied Health Providers, Ancillary Services)
2. Reorganization in Response to Merger or Consolidation of Services
3. Layoffs as a Result of Declining Revenues
4. Influx of Registry, Part-Time, and Temporary Contract Staff
5. Poor Performance Outcomes Leading to a Reduction in Medicare Reimbursement Dollars
6. Poor Job Satisfaction Rates Resulting in Turnover
You are the manager of an ancillary service department at a large, 500+ bed hospital. Develop a proposal (750-1,200 words) that is directed toward your staff, in which you address the following:
• Inform the staff of the two issues (from the topics provided) your organization is facing.
• Describe the impact of these issues on your department.
• Describe how improved communication, collaboration, and teamwork can improve conditions in your department.
• Identify at least two examples from the required or recommended readings of techniques found to foster inclusion and improve communication and collaboration.
• A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
- Two issues/challenges are identified from among those listed in the assignment instructions.
- Comprehensive and compelling discussion regarding organizational issues, their impact, opportunities for improvement, and recommendations to foster a shared vision is offered.
- Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive; contained within the thesis is the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
- There is a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas progress and relate to each other. Paragraph and transition construction guide the reader. Paragraph structure is seamless.
- Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.