Week 2 Discussion 1
Method 4: Value-Based Model (last names S-Z)
This space contains arguments for the value-based model. In your initial post,
- Examine how this reimbursement model has positively influenced the overall health care system.
- Identify how this reimbursement model evolved as a solid and crucial part of the health care system.
- Determine how this reimbursement model has positively influenced cost, quality, and access of care.
Guided Response: Review at least two of the other methods in the other topic groups. Respond to at least two of your classmates who have posted an argument for two of the other methods. In your responses,
- Examine how your classmates’ model has a more negative influence on the health care system than the other models.
- Identify how your classmates’ model has a weaker foundation for being part of the health care system (i.e., historical value of yours vs. theirs).
- Determine how your classmates’ model has negatively influenced cost, quality, and access of care in comparison to your model.
- A Day in the Life
Delivery of health care is provided in a variety of settings by a diverse group of health care professionals. Physicians and nurses comprise the majority of the health care workforce; however there are far more professionals that encompass the field of healthcare. Review the Healthcare Roles Gallery Tour to view numerous positions within the health care field.
Choose two professions in health care from Chapter 4. Do not select a physician or nurse. Research your chosen two careers further and tell a day-in-the-life story for both professionals. Within your story, identify two critical issues that this individual would face on their job.