Prior to your field education experience, you completed an agency learning agreement that outlined potential goals and objectives related to social work practice skills that you sought to acquire during this course.
Like a contract, your agency learning agreement also provided your field instructor a set of criteria that would measure your social work practice skills. For this course, you will undergo a formal evaluation of your social work practice skills.
As you engage in future field education experiences, you will be able to refine and hone the development of those skills.
For this Assignment, review your agency learning agreement and the results of your midterm evaluation. Consider how your field education experience fulfilled the goals and objectives in your agency learning agreement. Reflect on what you would like to gain in future field education experiences.
Note: You should receive your midterm evaluation from your field instructor.
The Assignment (4-5 pages):
- Describe whether you met or did not meet the goals/objectives in your agency learning agreement and include the results from your evaluation.
- Compare your learning agreement and your evaluation to critically consider how the two are compatible and how you may approach completing the learning agreement differently next term.
- Describe the social work practice skills you developed.
- Describe potential areas where you might need improvement in relation to social work practice skills, ethics, or professionalism.
- Explain how your next field education experience might address those areas.
- Explain how participation in this course might inform your future field courses, what will you do the same, what will you do differently.
- Be sure to submit the results of your evaluation to this assignment
By Day 7
Pomeroy, E. C., & Nonaka, A. M. (2011). The art of not knowing. Social Work, 56(4), 293–295.