Welcome to Week 2
As we progress to week two we begin to explore data privacy. Data flows freely throughout the internet, corporate, and commercial networks. Privacy has become paramount to businesses big and small. Understanding privacy concerns and where they come from is important you as a student, individual, employee, etc.
Pick a topic below and post your reply by Wednesday at midnight. Your response should be at least 400 words and appropriately cites your resources.
Respond to three of your classmates by Sunday at midnight. Your responses should be at least 100 words and should be substantive. You should offer additional resources, insight, or other helpful feedback. A simple “I like your post” will result in a 0.
Note: plagiarism is not tolerated in this course. Everything must be in your own words with sources! Failure to do so will result in failing grade.
- What is freedom of surveillance? How does it apply to you at your place of employment? Are there exceptions?
- What is an inadvertent leak of information? How has it affected the adoption of technology?
- How do businesses benefit from search engines?
- Should we allow facial recognition at sporting events? What about shopping malls?
- How much should a user post on social media? Why?