Learning Goal: I’m working on a ecology multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
This assignment is based upon your completion of an online survey located here:
Experiment with this survey to complete these questions:
1. Complete all parts of the survey based on your current lifestyle. How many earths would your lifestyle require if everyone lived the way you do?
2. Based on the summary of your activities, what single change in your lifestyle would cause the greatest reduction in the amount of land your lifestyle requires?
3. Describe how your lifestyle would have to change in order to reduce your impact level to “1.0 Earths”?
4. Now complete the survey based on the lifestyle of your parents/guardians or a close relative who is about a generation older than you. How many earths would their lifestyle require if everyone lived the way they do?
5. Based on the summary of your relative’s activities, what single change in their lifestyle would cause the greatest reduction in the amount of land their lifestyle requires?
6. Describe how their lifestyle would have to change in order to reduce their impact level to “1.0 Earths”?
7. What are some of the flaws of this survey and the data it provides? What could be incorporated into the survey to correct these flaws?
8. Based on the reading, which do you think is the most persuasive critic’s perspective of the Ecological Footprint concept? Options include: analytical scientist, business person, pilot, fortune teller, robot, optimist, energy producer (Explain the concept and why you or others might agree or be persuaded by this perspective.)
Submit your answers to questions 1-8 in the space below or as an attached (word or pdf) document.