Learning Goal: I’m working on a sociology writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
- How were Iranians perceived in the 1980s?
- What was Aslan’s coping method (for being accepted and concealing his ethnic identity)?
- Which were some of the groups that have served as scapegoats throughout American history?
- What changes people’s minds?
- After reflecting on this week’s course materials and this TED talk, what are some examples of agents of socialization that shaped people’s perceptions of Iranians in the U.S.? And, in general, what are some examples of agents of socialization and their impact on group perceptions?
watch the TEDtalk and then answer on the questions