In this assignment, you will choose three of the following questions. Provide your answers with question numbers. You should make some references to the class materials and the concepts we have discussed in this class. The length is no more than three single-spaced pages plus a separate page of references. Cite your sources in APA styles.
1. Based on Michel Foucault’s chapter, how does the concept of Panopticism transform power and discipline in today’s digital society? Be sure to discuss how today’s panopticism operates, how it may affect our behaviors and private lives, and what might be at risk when Big Brothers are watching us.
2. In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, compare and contrast how today’s government handles the pandemic with the ways the authorities handled a plague as described in Foucault’s Panopticon chapter. To what extent should the government exert control over access to our personal data? How much control over our personal information should we have?
3. Define fake news, disinformation, and misinformation. Why is fake news on social media more harmful than that on any other platform? As a communication major/student, what suggestions do you have for the media industry to handle fake news? What might be the concerns in implementing regulations or lack thereof?
4. According to the documentary Banking on BitCoin, what were the founders of BitCoin trying to achieve? What do the cases of BitCoin and the Dark Web imply about the existing systems? How is the case of BitCoin or the Dark Web related to the issue of freedom?
5. What does online dating offer us? How does it affect people’s behaviors and expectations? What might be the concerns that emerge from the proliferation of dating apps and algorithms?
Include your references on the last page or page 4 in APA style.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: