|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Quality Management (MGT 424)
Due Date: 06/08/2022 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Quality Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT424||Student’s ID Number:|
|Semester: Summer Semester||CRN: 50363|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: Ms.Ghadah Alanazi|
|Students’ Grade: 00 /15||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Instructions to search the article:
- Via your student services page, log in to the Saudi Digital Library.
- After your login with your student ID, search for the following article :
(Six Sigma and Dynamic Models Application as an Important Quality Management Tool in Railway Companies)
- Recognize the importance of quality management theory, principles, and practices applied in businesses on national and international levels. (CLO1)
- Use quality improvement tools and practices for continuous improvement to achieve the organizational change and transformation.( CLO3)
- Develop analytical skills of identifying pitfalls, or quality concerns through assimilated and strategic planning.( CLO4)
Six Sigma and Dynamic Models Application as an Important Quality Management Tool in Railway Companies
This article discusses the different quality management tools such as Kaizen, Total Quality Management, Six Sigma used in the railway companies to improve the overall performance.
Read the article thoughtfully and answer the following questions:
- Summaries the article using your own words. (03 Marks) (250 – 300 words)
- According to the article, Total Service Management (Figure 1 – Transport Model) is a new adopted philosophy used in organizations to improve the quality levels. Discuss its efficiency as a quality management approach ( 03 Marks) (100 -150 words )
- Model Leonard Berry is one of dynamic models used to measure the service’s quality in railway passenger transport. Demonstrate its dimensions with specific examples. ( 03 Marks) (100 -150 words )
- Do you think that the dynamic models can help service companies to improve its customer’s satisfaction levels? Why? ( 03 Marks) (100 -150 words )
- To which extent do you think that the dynamic models is applicable in production industries? Explain, ( 03 Marks ) ( 150 – 200 words )