Learning Goal: I’m working on a health & medical writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Write an expository essay that explores where people get their health insurance and include the data based on each level in the United States and the financial protection provided by that coverage. For example, what percent of the population gets their insurance from employers, Medicare, etc.? (This is NOT about managed care, nor the levels of coverage associated with the ACA/Obamacare).
Examine the source of health insurance coverage and the financial effect of that cost on the groups providing that coverage.
Explain how patients with no health insurance coverage impact other patients, providers, and the quality of healthcare services in this country.
Recommend a policy course of action to increase the quantity and quality of health insurance in the United States that would be the most fair and equitable to all stakeholder groups.
What do you think would be the best course of action to help improve this situation?
Your paper should be, professional, well organized, and logical to support your viewpoints and purpose clearly. The paper should be at least three pages in length, written using the APA 6th edition formatting and citation style, and include at least four (4) scholarly sources. Be sure to use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Please be sure to review the various Academic Tools to assist you with meeting APA and Standard English expectations for written Assignments.
Writer describes the level of health insurance coverage in the United States and the financial protection provided by that coverage.
Writer explains how patients with no health insurance coverage impacts patients, providers, and providing healthcare services in this country.
Writer recommends a policy course of action to increase the quantity and quality of health insurance in the United States that would be the most fair and equitable to all stakeholder groups.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- be at least three pages in length
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- include at least four scholarly sources
Your paper should be in APA format and follow APA Guidelines, 6th ed., including:
- properly formatted header and margins
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (where applicable)
- Criterion 1: Sources of health insurance coverage in the United States
- Clearly and fully describes many different health insurance coverage options in the United States and the % of the population covered by that insurance.
- Criterion 2: Uninsured patients
- Clearly and fully explains data about patients with no health insurance coverage and how they impact other patients, providers, and the quality of healthcare services.
- Criterion 3: Recommends a policy course of action to increase quantity and quality of health insurance options which is fair and equitable
- Uses data to recommend a policy course of action to increase the quantity and quality of health insurance options which is fair and equitable. Explains the policy recommendation fully and clearly.
- Criterion 4: Writing Requirements
- All of the following elements are met:● Displays college-level writing in Standard English free of spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors.● Minimal in-text citation errors such as a missing page number or a misplaced date may occur.
- ● Minimal paper formatting errors such as a misplaced margin may occur. ● Quotation marks and citations make authorship clear.● Assignment is 3-4 pages in length not including the title page and reference page
- Criterion 5: Sources in APA format
- Includes four academic references from multiple outside sources and/or course materials as required.
- HA415_1904B_-2.1: Analyze the impact of healthcare reform on insurance coverage and financing alternatives.
- The student work indicates an advanced ability to analyze the impact of healthcare reform on insurance coverage and financing alternatives.
- GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English [Note: Standard English is the common language of educated professionals and is understood by people across different geographical regions,
- Student work includes a highly developed viewpoint and purpose. Assignment is in Standard English and demonstrates superior organization. Communication is highly ordered, logical and unified. The assignment displays exceptional content, organization, style and mechanics.