Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing project and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Locate a quantitative research article to critique. It is recommended that you utilize the LIRN Library for this activity. You can access the LIRN Library in the Canvas navigation bar.
Create a Microsoft Word document and paste in the following sections. Then critique the quantitative research article by providing content in the sections.
- What is the title APA citation for the article you are critiquing?
- Problem Statement (rationale why study needs to be conducted, background, and importance):
- Research Questions and/or Hypotheses (clearly written):
- Theoretical/Conceptual Framework (may or may not be present; if so, is it adequately described and appropriate):
- Research Methodology/Design (experimental, quasi-experimental, descriptive, correlational, RTC):
- Setting (i.e., acute hospital, geographical location, etc.):
- Inclusion Criteria:
- Exclusion Criteria:
- What type of sampling (convenience, purposive, random selection):
- Sample size and characteristics:
- Assignment to experimental or control group (how, by whom, when):
- Implications (for practice/future research are congruent with findings, link back to question/hypothesis):
- Sunday, by 11:59 p.m.
SUBMISSION AND ASSESSMENT GUIDELINES
- Submit your Microsoft Word document with each numbered section clearly listed and answered.
- Each response should be clear, concise, and use correct grammar. All sections MUST contain notes in your document.
- This activity will be submitted via Turnitin.
- Review the Learning Activity Rubric for grading criteria. For instructions on how to view this rubric, review Viewing Rubrics in Canvas on Turnitin Assignments.
- This activity is worth 100 points