Learning Goal: I’m working on a white papers project and need support to help me learn.
Medical Errors – Policy and Procedures
Reporting errors in healthcare is an essential component of patient safety.
For this assignment, you will assume that you are a healthcare administrator at a healthcare facility (Hospital, long term care facility, clinic, etc.).
You are tasked with creating a process for reporting errors and reducing adverse events at your facility. Your submission will demonstrate your knowledge of healthcare error reporting to create your process. Be sure to include at least one QI tool and discuss the process involved.
Describe how your process aligns with current practices in KSA. Include current data of medical errors in healthcare settings within KSA and describe what the current gaps are. Your process should address these gaps that are published in the literature.
Your process should include the following:
- An identification of the most prevalent and common medical errors in your facility
- Risks associated with those medical errors
- All individuals (staff, groups, agencies) who will be involved in the reporting process
- Design a reporting template and be sure to include any workflow processes or tools can be used in the process
- Provide a brief evaluation of departments responsible for following up on the errors and events.
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 7 pages in length, not including the title or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to APA 7th edition Saudi Electronic University writing guidelines.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of 8 scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but four must be external.
- Utilize headings to organize the content of your work.
You are strongly encouraged to submit all assignments to the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment to the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check Student Guide.