College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Introduction to Operations Management (MGT311)
Deadline for students: (8th Oct@ 23:59) The sixth Week
|Course Name: Introduction to operations Management
|Course Code: MGT311||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1443/1444 H, First Semester|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: xx/15||Level of Marks:|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- This assignment is an individual
- The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented. This also includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submitted assignments will NOT be entertained.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Place of Submission is Blackboard.
- Weight 15 Marks
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1.2 Define different perspectives and knowledge of process-flow analysis, process design
solutions, lean system, quality controls, Inventory control system and green systems.
2.1 Apply knowledge and skills to optimize production objective of maximizing profits
using qualitative and quantitative techniques in related areas of operations
Quality plays a very vital and important role in any project whether it be a manufacturing or service industry not only to increase market share but also to avoid accidents. At its simplest, quality means meeting the intended purpose. Quality is also known as ‘fit for use.’ Quality products meet the stated requirements, have tolerable levels of defects, and are consistently produced. In short, quality means accurate (correct) and precise (consistent) results within a project.
Quality improvement is the framework used to systematically improve care. Quality improvement seeks to standardize processes and structure to reduce variation, achieve predictable results, and improve outcomes for patients, healthcare systems, and organizations.
Q1. What are dimensions of a product quality? (5 Marks)
Q2 How the quality of the Product can be improved? Discuss its cycle.
Q3. What are different types of Quality through which customer satisfaction and fitness for use can be ensured? (5 Marks)