|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
Department of Business Administration
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Marketing Management (MGT 201)
Due Date: 12th November’ 2022 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Marketing Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT201||Student’s ID Number:|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: XXXXX|
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of 15||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1. Develop critical and analytical thinking necessary to overcome challenges and issues of marketing in the changing global environment. (LO-4)
2. Use effective and collaborative interpersonal skills to carry out scientific analysis of consumers’ needs and wants to formulate a marketing Plan. (LO-5)
Part-A Case Study
Read the Chapter Case Study entitled Yogurt Lovers say, “It’s All Greek to Me” from Chapter- 11 “Product, Branding and Packaging decisions” Page: – 381 given in your textbook – “Marketing” (8th Edition) by Dhruv. Grewal and Michael. Levy (2022) and answer the following Questions:
- Generally speaking, what type of product is yogurt? Does your answer change for the different product categories that ‘Chobani’ has defined for its offerings? (2 Marks)
- Is ‘Chobani’s’ introduction of yogurt for children a brand extension or line extension? Explain. (2 Marks)
- How is ‘Chobani’ positioning its various product categories currently? How is it communicating its current positioning strategy? (2 Marks)
Part-B Critical Thinking
Answer the following questions based on the concepts discussed in Chapter- 13, 15 and 18
- Assume you were hired by the local grocery store to help in assessing its service quality based on the five service dimensions to determine the overall service quality: reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy, and tangibles. How would you go about undertaking this project? (Ch-13) (3 Marks)
- Price skimming and market penetration pricing are the two important pricing strategies used by Marketers. Ahmad wants to launch his new backpack in the local market. Being a marketer which pricing strategy you will suggest him to use and why? (Ch-15) (3 Marks)
- Do you find any difference between advertising and public relations? How can public relations contribute to a firm’s IMC? Explain with the help of a suitable example.(CH-18) (3 Marks)
- Answer all the questions based on your understanding from the concepts discussed in the class, PPTs and Text book.
- Justify your answers with at least two references for each question.
- If plagiarism is more than 25% you will get 0 marks for the questions concerned.