Sarahah Application was a very popular application; however it couldn’t resume its operation due to certain controversies. The some of the detail of the App is available here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarahah.
Kindly read the instructions below carefully:
- You should answer all the questions.
- Your answers should be comprehensive. Short answers (e.g., yes, I agree, etc) are not accepted.
- You need to acknowledge any source you use by providing the full citation.
The above case scenario requires students to use the full capability of learning skills from the professional issues point of view by applying ethical theories when analyzing and evaluating the case scenario.
Answer the following questions
By considering the given scenario you need to do a thorough research on all aspects of Sarahah from the internet and answer the following questions:
- What is Sarahah app? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarahah? (1 marks)
- What is the principal idea behind it? (1 mark)
- Can the message sender be revealed? What do you think of this? (1 marks)
- Was Sarahah encouraging bullying? And why? (1 mark)
- What kind of ethical issue is this app creating? (2 mark)
- What is the story behind removing Sarahah app from Apple and Google stores in 2018? Do you support that? (1 mark)
- For public interest, what are the moral responsibilities/Acts that the software engineers of Sarahah should consider regarding solving the cyber bullying issue? (2 mark)
- After the Sarahah app is released, a group of people created an app called “Detector for Sarahah”, which aims to uncover the name of the sender. The app’s purpose opposite to the original intent of Sarahah, which keeps the sender anonymous.
- Discuss whether the course of action of the creator of “Detector for Sarahah” is right or wrong from the perspective of Utilitarian and Kantian Analysis. (1 mark)
- Is it applicable to use Computer Fraud and Abuse Act against the “Detector for Sarahah” app? Why and Why not? (1 mark)
- Assume that a software company named “ABC” decided to create a similar application that acts precisely like Sarahah. What can the company do to safely develop the application without violating Sarahah copyrights? (3 mark)