Assignment 2 MGT403 (1st Term 2022-2023)
Deadline:12/11/2022 @ 23:59
(To be posted/released to students on BB in the beginning of Week 8)
|Course Name: Knowledge Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT-403||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1443/1444 H, 1st Term|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: /15||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- This assignment is an individual
- Due date for Assignment 2 is by the end of Week 11 (12/11/2022)
- The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Knowledge Management (MGT-403)
First Semester (2022-2023)
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
|Identify and analyse role of communities of practice in knowledge management and the challenges and issues pertaining to community of practice.|
|Demonstrate effective knowledge management skills to utilize knowledge management tools for the benefits of the organization.|
|Demonstrate ability to work with others effectively as a team member in knowledge management projects, related to case studies.|
The focus of this assignment is to evaluate the understanding level of students related to communities of Practice, learning organization, and various Knowledge management tools for the benefits of the organization.
Part 1. Answer in 500-600 Words. ( 7 Marks)
- Describe the concept of Communities of Practice. Why are “Communities of practice” Important? (2 Marks)
- How can organizations cultivate communities of practice? How can these communities of practice contribute towards the knowledge needs of the organization? (2 Marks)
- Provide a detailed description of major roles and responsibilities in a community of practice. (3 Marks)
Part 2. Read Chapter 9 and 10 from the book and answer the following questions. Answer in 500-600 Words. (6 Marks)
- What are the major steps involved in developing a KM strategy? What sorts of information is needed to recommend a KM strategy to an organization? List the major categories of stakeholders who should be involved in the strategy formulation process. (2.5 Marks)
- Why is it important to conduct an audit before eliciting stakeholder objectives? (1 Mark).
- Compare and contrast the three KM metrics of benchmarking, Balanced Scorecard, and house of quality. What are their major advantages and major drawbacks in monitoring progress toward strategic KM and business goals? (2.5 Marks).
References:(2 Marks). 0 Mark for No references, Less than 5 References (1 Mark) More than 5 references 2 Marks.